Saturday, June 18, 2011

New York Secrets- Part 3

I stood up and threw an annoyed look at Ian who was lying on his back staring at the ceiling. I walked to the door and opened it just as the person was about to knock again. It was a hotel bagboy, barely 18, he looked bored as he said in monotone, “Here are your bags sir, have a nice evening.” With that said, he turned and walked back down the hallway to the elevators.
I rolled my eyes and picked up Ian and my bags. I hurled them into our room.
“Oh finally!” Ian exclaimed. He sat up and hopped over to his bag. He frantically unzipped it and pulled out a thin plastic stick. He hopped back over to his bed before shoving the stick down his cast.
“Oh man, that feels so much better.” He said as he itched his leg.
“Nice…” I muttered and jumped onto my bed, “I’m going to bed now, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.”
“Right.” Ian managed to reply after his itching orgasm.
He threw the stick towards the general direction of our luggage; it bounced off the wall and landed near the door. I shook my head before covering it with the hotel bed sheets. I fell asleep as soon as Ian turned off the lamp on our nightstand.

I woke up to the sound of Ian calling my name.
“Anthony! Anthony, there’s someone at the door, you should go get it!” I rolled over to look at his stupid face.
“Are you fucking kidding me?!” I practically screamed, “Go get the door yourself, dumbass!!!”
For some reason Ian looked apauled.
“Ian, you wake me up in the middle of the night to tell me to answer the door when clearly you can do it by yourself.” I tried to explain.
Someone knocked on the door loudly.
“Just ask who it is.” I groaned.
“Oooo good idea!” Ian said. “Who is it?” he called out.
“It’s Damien; I’ve got info on vidcon for you guys; the schedule and whatnot.” Damien’s rich deep voice slid through the door.
“Go. Get. It.” I growled at Ian who finally obeyed.
“Fine…Jesus…” I heard him mumble as I rolled back over.
I heard the door click and open. Damien’s big footsteps thumped into our room. I heard a crack and Ian whine, “Awww man!!! That was my itching stick!”
I chuckled, “That’s what you get for leaving your shit everywhere.”
Damien’s footsteps continued further into my room until they stopped. I looked up and jumped; he was standing over my bed holding a folded piece of paper in his large hand.
“Here.” He threw it at me. It landed on my face. I slowly took it off and tried to read it.
“Breakfast- 5:30 – 6:45
Set Up- 7:00 – 9:30
Break- 9:30 – 10:00
Continue Set Up- 10:00 – 1:30
Lunch- 1:30” Was all I could make out for now.
I looked at the clock and saw that it was 5:25 AM. This already sucked.
“Well, we should probably go if we wanna get some breakfast!” I heard Ian’s stomach growl.
“How can you be hungry already?” My voice was groggy from sleep.
“I don’t know; I’m a man, deal with it.” His stupid comment was too stupid for me to reply to. Instead, I motioned him towards me. Ian leaned over and I slapped him.
“You’re an idiot.” I said as he rubbed his cheek. He didn’t say anything, however, because he knew I acted this way in the morning, especially when it was early and I had only gotten 4 hours of sleep.
I sat up and grabbed my phone. I had to text Tay.
“Just woke up; wanted to see how you were. Love you.” I left it simple. She could’ve still been sleeping but I wasn’t sure.
I got out of bed and rubbed my eyes; I hated getting up this early. I sat on my bed for a couple of seconds, trying to get used to being awake; it was hard to keep my eyes open, especially in the dim lighting of our hotel room. Finally I got the energy to hoist myself off the bed and into the bathroom. I turned on the light and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was a mess and my eyes were baggy, my upper lip had grown itself a little pedo ‘stache; I truly looked like a child rapist. The real problem was I didn’t really give a shit. But whether I liked it or not, I had to look presentable today so I combed out my hair and quickly shaved the pedo ‘stache before changing into a Smosh shirt and skinny jeans. After I was finished I looked in the mirror again; much better. I walked back into the main room and saw that Ian had left me for breakfast.
“Asshole…” I mumbled before grabbing the spare hotel key and my cell phone.
I looked at my inbox but to no avail; Tailynn hadn’t replied. I really wanted to talk to her so I decided it wouldn’t hurt to shoot her another text,
“hey Taybe, just wanted to see if you were awake yet, text me when you do. Love you.” I pushed send but my damn phone glitched up.
“Fuck…” I cursed as I tried to figure out if it had sent or not. I really had no idea so I just typed it up again and sent it.
“Stupid phone…” I grumbled before making my way to the hallway and down to the lobby where they were serving breakfast.
The lobby was crowded with YouTube celebrities. I spotted Kevin Jumba by the toast table with Ryan Higa close by. I also saw Ray Johnson by the bagles and iJustine talking to KassemG at the juice table. Finally Ian, with his giant cast and annoying crutches, caught my eye; he was talking to someone at the beginning of the buffet line; a girl. I sorta recognized her from the back but I wasn’t exactly sure who it was. There weren’t many women YouTubers at the convention except for some vloggers, music artists and make-up gurus…make-up gurus….oh shit.
Kaylea turned away from Ian and waved at me with a huge grin on her face. I gave a small wave and a half smile. I had to be nice even if I didn’t want to. I took a deep breath before walking over to them.
“Hey Anthony!” Kaylea’s shrill voice punched me in the face. I couldn’t stand happy people in the early morning.
“Uhm, hey Kaylea.” I tried to indicate that I didn’t want to talk.
“I’m so excited for this convention thingy, aren’t you?” she said before grabbing some fruit.
“Yep.” I yawned, trying to give her the idea.
“Ian and I were just about to tell each other what we were gonna do at our booths.”
“Oh really?” I got interested, “Ian, what were you gonna say?”
“That we’d probably just hand out and talk to people; have a playlist of our videos on screen and just answer some questions. Simple stuff like that.” Ian balanced his plate of fruit and a mini cereal box on his knee to adjust the crutches under his arm.
“Right. Well I hope that’s good enough. Plus our on-stage presentation slash skit.” I mentioned.
“Yeah that too,” Ian smiled, “We’re doing a skit of Benny Jean and Cletus then an exclusive Boxman rap.” Ian grabbed some fresh bacon from the buffet line and happily stuffed it into his mouth.
“Oh yeah! I heard that some YouTubers were doing shows onstage.” Kaylea poured herself a glass of ice water.
“Yep.” I repeated the simple word to her.
Ian spoke up, “Totally; Ryan and Kevin are doing Best Crew stuff, Freddie Wong has a little skit thingy, Ray is doing some viral video stand-up comedy, Machinema is sharing some live footage from E3, they’ve got a couple of music performers and at the end they’re gonna line up all the YouTubers and have a question and answer session. It’s gonna be freaking awesome.”
“Yeah, no kiddin’.” I smiled, feeling the excitement rush through my body. Then I remembered I had left Tailynn for all of this and my stomach sank. I missed her so much, and talking to Kaylea didn’t make it any better. I accidentally let out a sigh but walked away to the toast before anyone could ask me why. Kevin was still at the table; he looked frustrated.
“Hey man.” I started up a conversation.
“Oh hey.” He said, still staring at the toaster.
“What’s up?” I grabbed two pieces of white bread.
“You probably don’t want toast since the damn toaster isn’t working.” He noticed my gesture.
“Oh.” I replied but kept the bread on my paper plate. I took some strawberry jam and spread it on both slices. I didn’t really care that the toaster wasn’t working; I just wanted food.
“So, you likin’ New York so far?” I asked him.
“Yeah, Ryan, our friend Chester and I went sight seeing last night, we really didn’t get any sleep but we’re used to that now. We’re like vampires, never sleep—no need to.” He laughed and I joined in sympathy. Ryan walked up to us from the drink table and greeted me.
“Hey Anthony!” He high fived me.
“Nice to see you man!” I grinned, “we’ll have to collab again dude; you, Ian, Kevin and I.” I left out their friend since I didn’t know him too well.
“That’d be great! Plus I’ve had a script written out for a while so we could work around that.” Ryan said.
“Nice.” I nodded.
“Well we gotta eat fast,” Ryan motioned to Kev, “we have to get Chester and practice our Best Crew stuff.”
“Alright; I’ll catch you guys later then!” I high fived both them before they took off towards the elevators.
I took a bite out of my strawberry covered bread and jumped when someone touched my shoulder.
“Woah; take it easy there.” Ian backed up.
“Sorry,” I said, swallowing the bread, “I thought you were someone else…” I looked over his shoulder; no sign of Kaylea. “Common, we should get back to our room and get ready to set up.” I grabbed his sleeve and pulled him towards the elevators.
Ian attempted to eat while walking but he failed miserably. A couple of grapes rolled off his plate and his cereal spilled over. I sighed, knowing I had to be the one to clean it up.
“Thanks man.” Ian said and I grumbled an insincere, “you’re welcome.”
We jumped into the empty elevator but didn’t say a word ‘til we got to our floor. With the sound of Ian’s crutches clicking as he hopped he asked me…

No comments:

Post a Comment