Tuesday, May 17, 2011

*NEW* Live, Laugh, Learn, Love- Part 17

The next morning was very slow. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed; literally. I was so used to my queen sized bed in California that I had shimmied half of my body off the bed. My legs dangled off the right side of the bed but I really didn’t bother to move them back under the pink fluffy covers. I was still hung up about last night. My hand still throbbed; I realized it wasn’t under the towel I had covered it with before I went to sleep. That caused me to sit up and search for it. I found it near the end of the small bed and wrapped it back around my hand. I saw no reason to get back to sleep, since the sun was shining through the window. I figured it must’ve been late in the afternoon, so I was surprised when I saw that it was only 8:30!
I groaned as I stood up and noticed I had 16 new messages on my phone.
“Dammit…” I cursed whoever spammed my inbox. I opened up the messages and saw that 98% of them were from Anthony. The first one said, “Just woke up; wanted to see how you were. Love you” the second one was similar, “hey Taybe, just wanted to see if you were awake yet, text me when you do. Love you” the third was the same text. The fourth stated that they were getting ready to go to practice and set-up. The fifth asked how I was and if I was awake. The rest of the texts were him telling me what him and Ian were doing. The only other messages I had that weren’t from Anthony were from Nicolette and an unknown number. I read the one from Nico first; she said, “Hey girly, how was your flight? I’m doing well, just landed and I’m feeling good about this week. Text me soon ” I replied with a simple honest answer and moved on to the unknown number. It read, “FUCK YOU.” I supposed it must’ve been from either Hannah or Darcy; so I ignored it and proceeded to call Anthony.
He answered on the second ring, “Hey sweetheart!!!”
“You were annoying this morning, I was sleeping darling, you know we have a large time difference now. But I’m fine nonetheless.”
“Oh, sorry about that,” I heard him blush, “I’m just having a great time here already!”
I smiled, “I’m really glad to hear that. At least one of us is having fun.” I twisted the towel around my hand again.
“Oh right; I forgot about last night…is everything okay?”
“I’m not sure; I haven’t really talked to anyone but you since it happened.” Just as I said that, I heard my name being called from outside my room. It sounded like my mom.
“Speak of the devil…”I moaned, “I have to go, my mother is calling me. I’ll call you later to let you know if I’m still alive or not.” I hiccupped a laugh.
“Alright. Well, I hope you remain alive; I love you very much.” His voice made me smile.
“I love you very much too. See ya.” I hung up after his goodbye and heard my name again.
“HANG ON A MINUTE!!!!” I screamed back. I walked to my conjoined bathroom to grab my fuzzy robe; it was a bit chilly, I’d forgotten how cold Colorado was compared to California.
I moved my vanity away from my door and swung it open in annoyance to hearing my name called yet again. “WHAT DO YOU WANT?!” I realized my anger had come back from the last time I was here three years ago. I couldn’t believe we were back on that scale; but I had an argument already planned out. It wasn’t my god damn fault; it was my mom’s for inviting those two skanks.
“Get down here now! We have to talk!!!”
I groaned and grumbled as I made my way out of my room and down the stairs. I turned the corner to be faced with my mother.
“Hello.” I said calmly. Obviously it was the wrong greeting.
“Hello? HELLO?! That’s all you have to say after what you did last night?” my mom shouted at me. I stared at her with sleep filled eyes.
“Yes. I don’t regret what I did; she deserved it.” I tried to walk passed her but she blocked my way. “Excuse me.” I politely said.
“Taliynn! Nobody deserves what happened to her!” she yelled.
I snorted, “Oh yeah, that lying bitch didn’t deserve a smack across the damn face from me? Yeah that makes a ton of sense.”
“Don’t you curse inside my house!” was all she said before we were interrupted,
“Mom, Tailynn?” I heard my brother’s voice from the top of the stairs. He turned both of our attentions to him.
“Yes sweetie?” my mom forced a kind tone.
“You guys are fighting already?” Brock groaned as he trotted down the stairs.
“I’m sorry buddy,” I got the chance to speak first, “But mom is taking something wayyyy out of proportion and she just can’t see it.” I shagged his curly hair as soon as he stood next to me.
“I’m NOT taking this out of proportion!” my mother fought back.
Brock touched my toweled hand, “What’s this?” he asked.
“I bruised my hand yesterday. It’s still swollen.” I unwrapped the towel to show a now purplish hand; I could see blue veins popping out.
“Oh Tailynn are you okay?” my mom’s motherly tone snapped out at me as she grabbed my right hand, “Let me get some ice for that!” she rushed to the kitchen.
“I bitch slapped a girl last night because she made up a mean story about me.” I informed Brock as I heard ice crunching in the kitchen. He giggled and walked down the hall to make breakfast.
My mom hustled back to me and laid the ice in my palm. It felt amazing.
“I’m sorry I snapped at you.” She said, her eyes still focused on the bag of ice cradling my hand. “I know what she said wasn’t true but violence is never the answer.”
I was about to come back with a retort for that stupid comment but my instincts told me not to. I didn’t want to fight anymore, not when I could spend my time here more wisely; just as long as I didn’t get to run into any more nightmares from my past.
The rest of the morning was a lot better than I’d thought; it felt as if I was a little kid again, enjoying my breakfast on a Saturday morning. Alexis eventually slumped in and had her breakfast.
As for the afternoon, I decided to take my dad’s truck out and see my hometown in daylight. Alexis joined me yet again but I didn’t mind; I liked having her as company. The only thing I was afraid of was her bringing up “Antonio” again. I didn’t want to talk about Anthony especially if I was lying to my sister about him. But low and behold, the very first topic she wanted to talk about was my boyfriend…

No comments:

Post a Comment