Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New York Secrets- Part 1

Well, not EXACTLY a new story but it's what happens to Anthony and Ian in New York. This starts at the end of Part 12 of Live, Laugh, Learn, Love when Tailynn and Anthony say goodbye in the airport. Enjoy! :D

“Flight 33 now boarding.” Mine and Ian’s flight was called.
I looked up before muttering, “Oh well, that’s us.”
Tailynn hugged me again and separated from me; her soft warm hands cupped around my cheeks as she said, “Call me every day.” She kissed me before I said,
“Don’t worry, I will.” We kissed again until we heard Flight 50 being called.
“Guess I have to go before they leave without me.” She gave a nervous laugh.
“Okay; us too.” I smiled at her before she turned around and walked towards her gateway. I watched her with longing eyes; I already wanted her back in my arms. I was snapped out of her hypnotic movement when someone knocked me upside the head.
“What the fuck Ian?!” I yelled at him and turned around.
“Dude, we have to go, they’re gonna leave without us.” Ian hobbled over to the New York boarding gate and I had no choice but to follow.
I drug my feet across the ugly blue carpet, not wanting to leave California without my girl. Ian made an attempt to turn around to say, “Common Anthony, I know you want to be with her again but you have to trust me when I say you can live without her for two weeks. Besides, it’s not like you’ll never talk to her while you’re away; call her everyday.” His reassuring words caused me to grin and pick up my feet.
“Thanks man.” I said as I passed by him to enter the gate to New York.
We got onto the plane in an awkward manner; Ian couldn’t exactly fit into the narrow aisles with his giant crutches, so I had to hold them while he maneuvered around the plane by grabbing onto the seats and hopping down to where our seats were. I’m not gonna lie; I kind of felt like an idiot. But when we finally found our seats, which were near the back (thankfully on the opposite side of the bathroom), I felt comfortable and ready to take on New York.
“Let’s do this!” I quietly exclaimed to whoever could hear.
After all protocol was finished, we fastened our seatbelts and were ready to take off.
Ian cupped his hand over his mouth and made a radio noise, “Chhhhk, we’re here on Flight 33 ready to lift off. Everything seems in place, seat belts are on, cell phones are off, Anthony is ready to scream and cry—”
“Shut up Ian, that was one time! And I was seven!!!” But my defensive comment didn’t bring him out of character,
“Chhhhk, shut up Anthony; no one asked you. Anyway, we’re in lift off in five…four…three…two…one!” the airplane started to move on cue.
“Hell yeah!” Ian exclaimed a little too loud. He did have some reason to be excited; every time we were on a plane and he tried counting down, he was always seconds off. This was just one of Ian’s dozens of weird quirks.
After a while of being in the air, our seatbelts safe to come off, Ian had already fallen asleep on my shoulder, which was pretty damn weird. I debated on waking him up or not but after all he’d been through in the last week, I might as well be a good friend and let him sleep. On that note, I ended up drifting off to sleep as well and when I woke up an hour and a half later, I found that my head was resting on the top of Ian’s. That startled me which woke him up. He jumped up after he realized he was on my shoulder.
“Dude!!!” his bowl haircut was sticking out in different directions, “Why didn’t you wake me? We were having a gay fest on your shoulder; what, you didn’t mind?”
I laughed, “Yes, I did mind but I was actually being nice to you believe it or not. I didn’t want to wake you because you needed sleep!”
“I’m sorry guys,” a young woman turned around in front of us, “but can you two please keep it down? My brother is trying to sleep.”
“Oh yeah, sorry.” I smiled at her and elbowed Ian in the stomach. He grunted but didn’t say a word.
“Thank you.” She showed me a stunning smile and turned back around. She didn’t remain there for long though, “Hey, you look really familiar; do I know you?”
“You might. I’m Anthony Padilla. I’m from a YouTube channel called—”
“Smosh!” she interrupted me, “I know you looked familiar!” her fan-attitude made me perk up and smile, it’d been a while since I’d met a star struck girl.
“I’m Kaylea.” She held out her hand. It was soft when I shook it; it reminded me of Tailynn. I reassured myself that Kaylea was just a pretty girl on a plane, and Tailynn was my beautiful, charming, amazing girlfriend; my girlfriend whom had once hated my guts. I quickly swiped away those first moments we met from my mind and focused on what we’d recently became and would become in the future.
As the flight progressed, so did my conversation with Kaylea. I learned that she was on this flight back home from Los Angeles with her younger brother.
“Oh cool, that’s where my girlfriend lives.” I mentioned Tailynn.
“Girlfriend? I didn’t know you had a girlfriend…” Kaylea became curious.
“Yeah, her name is Tailynn Richards, you might’ve read a book or two from her.” I always made sure to promote my baby girl.
“Nope, can’t say that I have.” Kaylea’s body had shifted slightly back to the front of her seat. I could tell the mere mention of my love life bothered her; so I changed the subject.
“Ian and I are flying to New York for YouTube Vidcon—you heard of it?”
“Heard of it? I go every year! I kind of have to since…well, I’m part of the festival myself!” she smiled with pride.
“Really? What do you do?” I leaned towards her.
“I’m a make-up guru. Believe it or not, but my entire face right now is covered in it. This perfect skin here?” she pointed to her cheeks, “total 100% concealer. You thought it was real huh?” I slowly nodded. Tailynn never wore concealer so I wasn’t exactly sure how it was suppose to look.
“Wow, that’s….interesting.” I tried not to sound slightly disgusted, “so do you have a lot of subscribers then?”
“Yeah, a couple hundred thousand; YouTube Vidcon asked me to bring some make-up stuff to show how I do the videos. So yeah!” she grinned widely.
“Yeah…well, I think a girl can be gorgeous just the way she is. Make-up isn’t what makes a person beautiful.” I tried voicing my opinion as gently as possible.
“Sometimes women need help enhancing her features. You should suggest that to Taylor.” I barely heard her mumble.
“Tailynn? She’s beautiful even when she wakes up in the morning.” I smiled just thinking of her glowing face.
The rest of the flight was quiet. Not even Ian spoke after he heard our discussion. When we finally landed, Kaylea turned back to face me.
“If you wanna talk again, here.” She handed me a piece of crumpled paper. I opened it up to reveal a phone number.
“Better throw that away man, before Tay finds out. Kaylea’s hot but truthfully, Tailynn is hotter.” Ian snuck up behind me and saw her number.
“Yeah, I know.” I said as we filed out of the plane. A trashcan waited near the exit of the plane. I casually threw away the paper and waved goodbye to the airline waitress’. This Kaylea girl was an interesting person; but I didn’t want anyone to get in the way of my feelings for Tailynn. Hopefully, I wouldn’t see her at YouTube Vidcon. I just couldn’t afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment