Friday, March 18, 2011

Live, Laugh, Learn, Love- Part 12

“Today’s the day!” I said to myself. Nicolette had already left for The Philippians and I was left alone in the house for a day before I had to leave for Colorado.
My plane left at 4:00 and it was 2:00 now; I decided it’d be best if I left as soon as I was finished; all I had left to do was set my DVR and get my stuff out to my car. My car was a crappy beat up old VW Bug. When I got it, I thought it was the best thing ever; that was when I was sixteen. Since Nico had gotten her bad ass convertible, that’s what I always drove around in. Now I was forced to drive the piece of crap to the airport.
“Oh well,” I said as I thought about it, “Better than nothing.”
I set my DVR so it could record all my favorite shows for the week. I didn’t mind missing some but the others were mandatory and I had to see them. Finishing the record settings I went to my room and grabbed my duffel bag. That bag was magic; you could fit anything and every thing into it and it wouldn’t get full.
I took my keys off of the kitchen counter and headed out the door. Locking it behind me I shut it and teetered down the stairs. I threw my stuff into the trunk of my so-called car and got into the front. I drove down to the airport in the quiet. The radio had died years ago but I never really had the money or will-power to get it fixed. I rolled down all the windows to make it feel like Nico’s convertible but to no avail; I hated this car.
Finally I saw the sign to the LA airport and sighed in relief, I had to get out of this thing. I found the closest parking space and took it. I was surprised my Bug even made it this far. As I walked down the parking lot to the entrance, duffle bag hanging from my shoulder, I passed a couple of cars that resembled Anthony’s. My heart jumped each time I saw one but I didn’t know if any of them were actually his. I had never paid any attention to his license plate which I now realized could’ve been a good idea.
Even so, I made my way to the airport and entered with excitement shivering throughout my body. I was stoked to see my family; I was kind of relieved that I was going to spend a week with them to keep my mind off of not seeing Anthony. I needed them.
I made my way through security and luggage, all I had to do was wait. I sat near the entrance of my flight and checked the time on my cell phone; it read 3:40. I was ready to get outta here, ready to spend time with my family, ready to-
“Tailynn?” A familiar male’s voice made me turn around in my seat.
“Anthony?” My heart skipped two beats.
“What are you doing here?” he asked me as he walked up to hug me.
I realized I hadn’t told him a thing. “I’m going to visit my family while you’re gone.” I said.
I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist. I listened to his heartbeat and closed my eyes; I already missed his touch.
“Where’s Ian?” I asked, my head still resting on him.
“Sitting on a bench,” his voice was muffled; it mixed in with his heartbeat. I smiled embracing every last moment I had with him; trying to memorize what he felt like. “Over there.” He finished his sentence when I lifted my head. He pointed to where he’d come from. I looked behind Anthony to see Ian sitting in a seat; his crutches leaned up against it. He turned around and waved at me. I grinned and waved back.
“Where’s Nicolette?” Anthony returned the question.
“She flew to The Philippians to visit her parents. We’ve got the same idea; visit our families to keep ourselves sane while you’re gone.” I gave a half smile.
“Hmm, I didn’t know that’s where she was from,” he laughed, “but I’m glad you’re getting yourselves out of your apartment. That’s good.” He looked at me with his beautiful brown eyes.
“Me too; the only problem is, my sister Alexis is pretty much in love with you guys and I haven’t told her who my boyfriend is yet. I don’t want to…” I explained. Anthony took my hand and tried to comfort me,
“Don’t worry, just tell her when the time is right; I’m sure she’ll understand.” I tried to smile but the will to argue with him took over my mind,
“Remember the first day I met you?” he nodded. “Alexis still thinks I act like that when I hear, talk or think about Smosh. That’s the real problem.”
“Maybe if I met her and told her myself?” he suggested. “I mean, she’s going to have to find out sooner or later if we’re gonna stay together for a long time.” My stomach flipped just hearing him say we weren’t going to separate permanently anytime soon.
“I think I’ll tell her before I leave, and then when you get back, you can confirm it and try to make her not hate me.” I shrugged.
“Okay good plan.”
“Hey guys!” I heard Ian shout; I tapped Anthony to move out of the way so I could see him.
“What do you want?” I joked.
“Come over here and give me another hug goodbye Tay! Geez!” He spread his arms open wide towards me. I laughed as I rushed over to him and leaped into his arms, almost falling over.
“You weirdo.” I heard him say.
I looked up and stuck my tongue out at him. He pretended to bite it.
“You freak.” I laughed. He was about to make a come back when we heard my flight being called.
“Okay, have fun going where ever you’re going!” Ian smiled. I kissed him on the cheek,
“Don’t worry I will.”
I walked back to Anthony and sighed, realizing I had to say goodbye yet again.
“I have to go now…” I trailed on.
“Flight 33 now boarding.” The next flight was called.
“Oh well, that’s us.” Anthony looked up at where the voice had come from.
I hugged him again before taking his face in my hands, “Call me every day.” I reminded him before placing his lips on mine.
“Don’t worry, I will.” We kissed again until my flight was called for a second time.
“Guess I have to go before they leave without me.” I chuckled.
“Okay; us too.” We smiled at the same time before I had to turn and leave him.
This trip to Colorado had to be good; it just had to.


No comments:

Post a Comment