Sunday, March 13, 2011

Live, Laugh, Learn, Love- Part 7

The rest of the day was boring as hell; so I decided to go to bed extra early, hoping that I’d make tomorrow come faster. Unfortunately, I woke up at six in the morning and couldn’t get back to sleep. I roamed the apartment in my pajamas, made myself tea and sat at the kitchen table that faced the giant window outside. I spent the rest of the morning drinking my tea and catching up on news from the three different magazines I had missed out on since we were gone at the hospital. Eventually I stood up to watch the sun rise from my balcony and sighed, wishing Anthony was behind me kissing my ear and making me giggle.
When I turned around to go back inside the apartment, Nicolette was in the kitchen making herself coffee in her silk robe. I didn’t bother to say good morning because I knew mornings were never her thing especially on the week days.
“So how’s work going?” Nico suddenly brought up.
“Fine. I’m starting Chapter 16, it’s already 215 pages long, I’m trying to think of a way to end it though, I don’t wanna bore my readers.” I sat back down at the table.
“Hey, I’m one of your readers and I never get bored of your stories.” She joined me.
“Thanks,” I smiled, “well how about you? Don’t you have to work today?” I took the last sip of my tea.
“Yeah but hopefully I’ll be back in time to see Ian and Anthony before they leave.” Nicolette worked at a local book store where I knew she’d try her best to promote and sell my books.
I squinted to look at the time on the microwave behind Nicolette; it read 8:00.
“Well I guess we better get dressed and you should get to work.” I grunted as I stood up to go put my mug in the kitchen sink.
“Right.” Nicolette chugged the rest of her coffee before putting her mug into the sink and following me into our room.
I changed into something I thought Anthony would love; a custom Smosh Jersey that he made me for Valentine’s Day that said “Smosh” on the front and “Anthony’s Sweetheart” with the numbers 143 on the back. I went through my drawers to find the nicest pair of skinny jeans I had. I went into the bathroom and separated my short hair into two parts and put them into pig tails; I had to admit I looked cute.
I walked back into the living room and waved goodbye to Nicolette who had made a speedy change and was already on her way out the door in her “Bookenstein” uniform. For now, all I had to do was tidy up our apartment then wait. Wait for my last date with Anthony.

I ended up cleaning the apartment pretty darn well, I picked up all our clothes in the bedroom, cleaned and put away all our dishes, organized the magazines and books on our coffee table and even swept the kitchen floor. I was in the refrigerator getting myself a bottle of water when I heard a faint ringing coming from our bedroom. It was once again, “Firetruck” so I knew it was Anthony.
“Hellllooo?” I jokingly answered.
“Hey sweetheart, how are you?” His voice always made my heart jump.
“Excited for you two to come down here!” I grinned widely.
“No way! I’m excited to go down there!”
“That’s what she said!” I automatically blurted out. Anthony laughed so hard I swore he was crying. His laugh made me melt into the ground; he was so damn cute.
“Well I just wanted to call and tell you that we’re on our way now so we’ll be there in roughly an hour and a half to two hours, is that okay?” he explained to me after he had stopped laughing.
“Yeah that’s great; Nicolette’s not even here, she’s at work right now. She’ll be here later this evening to say goodbye.” I clarified to him.
“Okay sweet; I’ll see you then! I loooove youu!!!” He laughed.
“I loooove youu tooo!” I giggled and we hung up.
I’d love to say that those two hours passed by fast but they really didn’t. I literally sat on my couch and watched TV until my phone played a different tune, “Milky Milkshake”.
“Heyy Ian.” I answered in a dull voice.
“Well hello to you too Debbie downer.” Ian snickered.
“I’m waiting for you guys to show up, I’ve been watching TV for two god damn hours!” I tried to explain my irritation.
“You’re waiting is over missy, we’re at your door now!” I heard a knock at the front door.
“Well gee, I wonder who that must be!” I said sarcastically as I stood up and looked through the eye piece. Sure enough, Ian was standing on my doormat, crutches under his arm. Anthony’s hand was holding Ian’s phone up to his ear so he could walk and talk at the same time. I laughed at the sight before hanging up my phone and opening the door.
“TAILYNN!!!!!!” Ian shouted before nearly trampling me in a giant hug.
“IAN!!!!!” I screamed back and laughed. I looked over his shoulder to see Anthony in the doorway laughing with me.
Ian stepped back and regained his balance; I welcomed the guys into my small apartment and offered a place for Ian to sit. He set his crutches on the side of the couch before sitting down. Anthony sat in the matching chair that was placed diagonal from the couch. He patted his lap indicating for me to sit on him. I plopped down onto his lap and smiled as he wrapped his tight arms around my waist.
“I love your shirt.” He chuckled.
“I had a feeling you would.” I turned around to intertwine my lips with his.
“Well this is very cute and all but where’s my girlfriend?” Ian caused our mini make out session to end.
“You didn’t tell him?” I muttered to Anthony.
“She’s at work doofus.” Anthony spoke up.
“When is she coming back?”
I checked my phone for the time, “About three hours.” I said.
“Aww damn!” Ian snapped his fingers and laid back into the couch, “what are we gonna do for three hours?”
“I dunno; talk, watch a movie, eat, something along the lines of that, what do ya think?” I directed my question at Anthony.
“I think that’s perfect.” He smiled at me and even though we’d been dating for nine months, he still gave me butterflies.


No comments:

Post a Comment