Friday, March 11, 2011

Live, Laugh, Learn, Love- Part 6

“Son of a bitch!!!!” I screamed and threw my phone across the room. It hit the wall and exploded into three pieces.
“Woah, woah, woahhh Tay what’s going on?!” Nico took my shaking hands and looked into my eyes.
“A-Anthony said that h-he just got a phone call fr-from people in Ne-New York and said th-that they’re leaving in three days f-for two weeks!” I tried to explain through sobs.
“They? You mean Ian is going with him even though he just hurt himself?” Nico always understood my part of the story.
“Exactly! Anthony won’t listen to me.” I wiped a tear that had dripped passed my mouth and onto my chin.
“Why don’t you go get dressed, and I’ll call Ian to talk to him, okay?” she helped me stand up and led me to our room. On the way there, I picked up the three parts of my phone. The back had popped off and the battery had flown out.
When she left me to change out of my towel and into my clothes I went into the conjoined bathroom to apply my makeup and dry my hair. I made sure I didn’t take long so that I could hear what Nico would dish out to Ian. After I was finished, I snuck into the hallway until I could hear Nicolette in the kitchen.
“I just don’t want you to get hurt again!” Was the first thing I heard, “Dammit Ian, listen to me! I don’t think this is such a great idea!............No, I’m not trying to be your mother, your mother doesn’t even know about this, just you wait until I tell her myself!” I bit my lip trying not to laugh, Nico was doing great; I just hoped Ian would listen to her.
I saw Nicolette pace across to the living room and back to the kitchen. Her left hand was placed on her hip and she had pulled her hair up into a tight ponytail; that was her battle stance.
“Well then don’t go! That’s what I’m trying to tell you!.....oh and tell Anthony that even though he’s my best friend; I will break his arm if he hurts Tailynn again….okay……….okay I love you too. Bye.” I giggled but understood where she was coming from; even though they were fighting they still loved each other and the same applied for Anthony and I.
I came out from the hallway and saw Nicolette sitting on the kitchen counter.
“Hey.” I scratched the back of my neck.
“Hey.” She replied, swinging her legs back and forth.
“I sorta heard what you were saying to Ian.” I leaned my good arm against the wall.
“Yeah, I have a feeling they’re not gonna listen to us and go anyway…” she trailed on.
“Me too.” I thought about calling Anthony and apologizing; I couldn’t stand knowing he was mad at me. “I’ll be right back.” I said and went into our room to have some privacy.
Finding Anthony in my contacts wasn’t a hassle since he was the second name from the top. I hesitated to push the “call” button, fearing that he’d hang up on me again. Finally I shut my eyes and quickly pushed the button. I held my phone up to my ear to ear it ring once, twice, three times, four times, I was beginning to think he didn’t want to talk to me. I was just about to hang up before the ringing stopped and shuffling took it’s place.
“He-hello?” I cleared my throat, trying to make my voice sound more confident.
“Taybe?” Anthony’s sweet voice serenaded my ears. I held in more tears, just knowing he still loved me enough to call me that lame nickname.
“Anthony, I’m sorry about what happened over the phone, I think I just over reacted is all.” I said but doubted myself; was I really sorry? Or did I just want him to forgive me?
“It’s okay baby, I know how you must feel, and after Nicolette called Ian…” I held my breath, hoping Anthony still liked her even when she was protecting her best friend, “I just hope she doesn’t break my arm.” He snickered and I couldn’t help but laugh with him.
“No, I don’t think she will, as long as you don’t piss her off even more.”
“Well, we’re still debating on whether we should go or not, but Tay, I’m pretty sure we’re going. We can come see you guys before we leave if you want.”
I smiled, “Yeah that would be great. How about tomorrow?” I offered a reasonable time.
“Tomorrow seems best.”
“Okay, we’ll see you then. And I’ll make sure Nicolette doesn’t break your arm.” I added.
He laughed, “Okay, sounds good. Bye Taybe, I love you.”
“I love you more.” I grinned. This time I was the one that hung up first.
“Was that Anthony?” Nico startled me from the doorway.
“Um…yeah…he said they could come visit us tomorrow before they get too busy packing and leaving.” I bit my lip, praying Nico wouldn’t explode.
“Uh, okay…” she scrunched her eyebrows at me.
“I can’t stand him being mad at me, the least they can do if they’re leaving is visit us.” I tried to make a fair argument.
“Alright Tay, but if he hurts you while he’s away I’m gonna-”
“Yeah I know Nico, you’re gonna break his arm.” I let out a breath of sarcasm.
“You know me too well.” She winked at me before leaving me alone in our room.

Sorry this part was so short and boring but it'll get more exciting soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment