Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Turn That Frown Upside Down- Part 14

Nicolette stared blankly at the girl, not knowing how to react from her rude gestures and tone of voice.
“So you gonna let me in or what?” the blonde haired girl said between smacking her bubblegum.
Nicolette answered her by slamming the door in her face.
“What the hell?!” we heard her muffled voice from the other side.
“Nic that probably wasn’t the bes-” Nicolette snatched my arm and dragged me to our room before I had time to finish my sentence.
Nicolette grabbed what was hers off from the floor and stuffed it in her bag.
“Pack your bag.” She muttered to me, “PACK IT NOW!” she snapped when she saw that I hadn’t budged.
“No.” I started out calmly, “No, I’m waiting for Anthony to get back.”
“Fuck Anthony and Ian, we’re leaving!!!” she violently shoved her bathroom products in the front pocket of her suitcase.
“NO I’M NOT LEAVING WITHOUT SAYING GOODBYE!” I screamed at her.
“YES YOU ARE!” She screamed back and grabbed my forearm, “pack your fucking bags NOW or I will drag you behind the god damn car!!!”
I had never seen Nicolette be so violent, which made sense because I’ve never been in a situation like this with her before. I got why she was so upset; her boyfriend was cheating with her and she had just found out but that didn’t mean Anthony was cheating either!
I decided it was best that I followed her orders and packed up my bags but I didn’t want to leave Anthony without him knowing. So I took a pen from my purse on the bed and a piece of paper from the night stand and wrote,
“Nicolette found out about Ian’s girlfriend and she’s leaving right now. She’s forcing me to come with, please call me when you get this, I’m so sorry this happened! <3 Tailynn” I wrote down my cell phone number and left it on my side of the bed hoping he’d find it there.
Nicolette had gone to Anthony’s room to get her laptop and camera. She stormed back in and stuffed it in her laptop case, took both her bags and mine and stomped out the door. When she got to the front door she set down my bag to open the door. The girl was waiting next to the railing.
“Oh you’re leaving so soon?” she smiled.
“Fuck you!” Nicolette exclaimed and I covered my open mouth with my hand; partly because I was shocked at what she’d said and partly because it was hilarious seeing the girl’s mouth drop to the ground.
Nico picked my suitcase back up and hobbled down the porch stairs. She hurled them in the back seat of her car. I had no choice but to follow her, all my stuff was in my bag which had now been angrily thrown in her car. She whipped open her door and climbed in the driver’s seat.
“Get in.” she growled at me; I hesitated before circling the hood of the car to get into the passenger’s seat.
Nicolette put the car in forward and sped out of the neighborhood. It wasn’t long before we were on the highway, but something felt off. I knew the way back to LA but it seemed as if she had forgotten.
“Um, where are we going Nic?” I was scared to ask.
“The fucking airport.” She didn’t even bother looking at me.
“Why?!” I exclaimed.
“I was planning on going to New York for a couple of days; I might as well go now seeing Ian totally fucked me over.” She pushed the gas pedal a little more.
“You don’t wanna go home to pack more things first?” I tried convincing her home was the best place to go now.
“NO; I WANT TO GO TO NEW YORK NOW!” She whined.
We eventually got off on the exit where the nearest airport was; I was praying that Anthony would get my note soon and call me. I was also praying that Nico wouldn’t kill us with her reckless driving.
Nico parked further away than necessary but I was fine with that; it gave us more time to walk there which gave Anthony more time to find me. It was a race against time, a race that could determine Anthony and my relationship for good.
We finally got to the doors of the airport; but to my disappointment my phone had not vibrated from a phone call or text message. We walked inside; it was ginormous, escalators crowded the back of the building, a ticket booth was right in front of us; Nico bounded up to it.
“Two tickets for the New York flight at 10.” Nico tried to say as calmly as she could to the ticket master. She paid for it without a hassle and I had to wonder where she’d gotten the money from.
When I asked her about it she said, “I told you I’ve wanted to go to New York for a while, I saved up my money and now we are going! It was meant to be a surprise for your 20th birthday next month but this seems like the best time to do it now.” She grabbed her bag that she had set down next to her and we passed the ticket booth making our way to the New York flight gate.
FINALLY my phone buzzed in my front pocket,
“Hello? Anthony?!” I answered in a frenzy.
“Tailynn, where are you?!” His usual calming voice was now tense and nervous.
“Nicolette drove us to an airport; I’m not sure which one.” I was on the verge of crying.
“I think I know which one, the one nearest to Sacramento right?”
“Right.” I confirmed.
“We’ll be right there.” Anthony said. I heard faint arguing from Anthony’s side of the phone. I made out some words like “sorry” and “never again” from a male voice which must’ve been Ian. A more feminine voice was saying things like “whatever” and mentioned Nicolette. Not going to lie, I kind of wanted to punch both of them in the face.
“McKenna and Ian are arguing over what happened in case you were wondering.” Anthony informed me but the arguing was forced to stop because Ian was leaving with Anthony to chase after us. I found that incredibly romantic on Anthony’s behalf but incredibly stupid on Ian’s. Nicolette was going to kill him for sure. Anthony told me he’d call me when they got there and hung up.
Nic and I were waiting on one of many benches for the flight to be called. Since it was only 9:15 we had a while to wait. I didn’t know if Nico knew how long it was or that I was even talking to somebody but she hadn’t said anything so I figured it was all good for now.
Forty five minutes had passed and I started to worry; I didn’t know how long it’d take the boys to get here, if they were even going to get here in time anyway. I was just about to call him when my phone buzzed; it was Anthony.
“We’re at the airport now, where are you?” I heard him breathing heavily.
“We’re by New York flight gate it leaves at 10, you gotta hurry Anthony!” I stood up and stood on my tip-toes to look around for him.
“Go passed the ticket booth, up the escalator on the far left, there are tons of benches near the back that’s where we are, hurry up we got like 10 minutes!” I walked to the edge of the railing on the second floor to try and search for a hottie with a phone.
“I see you!” Anthony yelled through the phone; I could also hear him in person. I searched the grounds until I saw Anthony and Ian running down the airport and towards the escalator that led to where we were. I hung up my phone.
“Flight 30 to New York now boarding!” A woman’s voice engulfed the entire airport and I turned around to see Nicolette stand up and start walking towards the gate.
“YOU WAIT RIGHT THERE!” I screamed at her. That not only got her attention but the attention of a couple of other people trying to board the plane.
“We’re leaving now!” Nicolette turned towards me and grabbed my forearm. She was surprisingly strong because she dragged me passed all the rows of benches. We were just about to pass through the gate when Anthony and Ian’s heads popped out from the escalators. They sprinted towards us. I finally shook Nicolette off my wrist and threw my arms around Anthony’s neck.
“Thank you for coming, thank you Anthony!” We separated from our hug to kiss. He was out of breath but he didn’t seem to care. My head buried into Anthony’s shoulder, “I thought we wouldn’t get the chance to say goodbye.” I said through his shirt.
We separated again so I could see where Nicolette had run off to; to my surprise she was talking to Ian,
“Why are you here?” she muttered.
“I’m sorry.” Was his response, “but you don’t have to leave like this.”
“Last call to boarding Flight 30.” The woman’s voice came over the intercom again.
“Come on Nic, you don’t have to leave now.” I repeated. “Let’s please go home.”
Nicolette hesitated, “I’m leaving; I’ll be back in a week.” She turned to walk through the gate but this time I grabbed her arm,
“You leave and I’ll never speak to you again.” I said in my most serious tone.
That made her think twice. She looked back to the gate, back to us, back to the gate and her eyes finally landed back on us.
“Fine, I’ll stay.” She pushed passed Anthony and I and walked down the escalator.
“Common.” I took Anthony’s hand and we followed her.
When we got outside and found our car, Anthony helped put my stuff back in the trunk and gave me one last hug.
“Don’t forget to call me everyday.” He whispered.
“I won’t.” I said.
Our lips touched in a final goodbye. I climbed back into the car; Nicolette was talking to Ian again. I looked over at them just in time to see Ian give her a hug. She loosely wrapped her arms around his waist before getting into the car. I waved bye to Ian and he waved back. Nicolette left the airport in less of a hurry than she did trying to get here. Looking back towards the two boys standing in the middle of the parking lot, I knew that Anthony and I would be together soon, the trouble was, I didn’t want to wait. I hoped Ian and Nico would remain friends because I don’t know what life would be with awkward moments between those two.

As time passed, Ian and Nicolette became just friends but they never spoke about McKenna. As for Anthony and I, well, I guess I’m just going to have to tell another story about how we made it through. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment