Thursday, March 10, 2011

Live, Laugh, Learn, Love- Part 5

The next morning; Ian was set free. At least, that’s what he called it. The doctor gave him crutches and taught him how to use them.
“Is there a place I can go that will teach me how to use Karate with these things?” Ian asked the doctor; all the doctor did was give him a stern look and a firm answer, “No.”
“Damn.” Ian muttered under his breath.
He stumbled through the hallways of the hospital as we followed behind him, making sure he didn’t fall or run into anything. Fortunately he got the just of it by the time we got to the first floor although I could tell that Anthony would have a ton of fun helping Ian out for the next couple months.
When we got to the parking lot of the hospital, we helped Ian into the backseat of Anthony’s car. Lauren gave Nico and I a hug before hopping into the front seat. I gave Anthony a hug and smooch before negotiating when we’d be seeing each other again.
“I’m not sure; we’ll have to check our schedule now that things have been fucked thanks to Ian’s clever idea of breaking himself.” He rubbed the back of his neck.
“Well just call me and we’ll figure things out.” I replied before kissing him again.
I turned to the backseat window and waved to Ian. He waved back and gave me a thumbs up. Anthony circled around the back of the car to get into the front seat. Nico and I started walking to our car when their car passed us. We waved again and they drove off.

Driving back home was different than when we were worried driving to the hospital. Nicolette’s spirit was high as she kept on reminding me what had happened in his room.
“That block you did when McKenna tried to hit me, damn Tay that was amazing!” I nodded in agreement.
“Yeah, except for the fact that she practically broke my fuckin’ arm.” I had had a nurse check my arm and she put it in a temporary sling.
“You know I heard Lauren say that Ian could wake up to his true love; as cheesy as it sounded I decided I might as well try it so when I did and it actually worked, I didn’t know what to think.” She suddenly became serious.
“I’m glad you and Ian are together again.” I said sincerely.
“Thanks girl.” Nico smiled at me.
Home felt weird; we hadn’t been home for two days. We hadn’t changed out of our clothes or taken a shower or eaten real food in two days. When Nico opened the door I flew in and scurried to the bathroom.
“I’m taking a shower!!!!” I announced as I shut the door.
“I’m eating food!!!” I heard Nico yell through the door.
I took the best shower I have ever taken in my life; the only way it could be better was if Anthony was here washing my back. However the shower I took without him was nice and refreshing; as if I was washing all of the hospital junk off of me.
I came out of the shower with my towel on, and went to the kitchen to grab something normal to eat. Nicolette was sitting on the couch watching a repeat of Grey’s Anatomy when I sat next to her.
“I’m bored.” She said, not bothering to look at me.
“Wow. Me too.” I noticed how lame our day had just gotten.
My phone was on the glass coffee table when it began to buzz uncontrollably to “Firetruck”.
“Hey Anthony.” I said in a bored tone.
“Guess what?!” Anthony practically deafened me.
“Um…what?” I dared to ask.
“Remember like two weeks ago when I signed up to win a trip to New York for that film festival?”
“Of course.”
“I just got a call from the people running it and they said that they’d love to have Smosh come down for a special presentation!!!” It sounded like he was going to pass out from excitement.
“No way! That’s awesome!”
Nico looked at me and mouthed “What’s going on?” I held up my first finger indicating for her to wait until I was finished.
“I know! Only bad part…” my body got tense as he explained, “The film festival starts on April 18th and goes until April 22nd.”
“Anthony, I’ve dealt with not seeing you for a week.” I sighed in relief.
“Yeah but…they want us to go there a week in advance to practice and stuff. We leave on Sunday.” My heart sank.
“I can’t…we…we can’t come with you two?” I held in tears. I didn’t know if I could handle not seeing him for two whole weeks.
“I’m sorry.” Was his answer.
“Well I would’ve stayed longer with you guys if I had known you were leaving in three days! And what about Ian?”
“What about Ian?”
“He kinda just got out of the hospital, you’re going to drag him all the way to New York for a film fest?”
“I talked to him about it; he said it was fine so we’re going! I thought you were going to be happy for us Tailynn!” His tone started to irritate me.
“I am happy for you guys but the downers to the situation really suck!” I tried to keep it together; I didn’t want him to hear me cry.
Anthony was quiet. So quiet I didn’t even know if he was there anymore.
“Anthony?” I called out his name.
“Why don’t you call me when you’re sincere about what you’re saying, okay?” were his last words before he hung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment