Saturday, February 26, 2011

Turn That Frown Upside Down- Part 11

I woke up on the couch, rubbing my eyes from the sun shining into my face from the cracks of the blinds on the windows. I looked around; wondering what had happened last night and why I wasn’t in my temporary room. I remember I had fallen asleep right as Rose kissed Jack’s hand and sent him pummeling to the ocean floor; I was gripping Anthony’s black Zelda themed shirt before my eyes gave in to the night. Where was Anthony anyway?
Sitting up, I twisted my neck around to check the kitchen area but to my disappointment, the sunlight revealed that nobody was there. Twisting back around to face the window, and to get a face full of blinding sun, I shook my head and fluttered my eyelashes to get the tired out of my face before standing up. After a couple of minutes of listening to the birds chirping outside, which to my surprise didn’t annoy me quite as much as it usually did, I swung my legs to the edge of the couch and stood up. I was straightening my shirt when I heard a soft conversation coming from mine and Nico’s room. When I listened closely I could tell it was Ian’s voice, but nobody was talking back to him; he must’ve been on the phone.
“They’re leaving this afternoon…” was the first thing I could make out, “…….well I guess you can come over tomorrow morning then…….…yes, they’re my friends, I told you already………..because they’re our guests, I’m not gonna take you with me everywhere I go!........okay…..yes, that’s fine………I’ll see you tomorrow then……okay I love you too, bye.” The tiny gears in my head twisted and turned ‘round and ‘round until I realized what he was doing; his mom was wayyyy too attached to him!
The doorknob turned but I didn’t move; I wanted to talk to him,
“Morning Ian!” I startled him.
“Oh geez Tailynn you scared me!” I noticed him put away his cell phone in his jean pocket.
“Listen, I know things can get real tough when it comes to doing what you’re doing; women like that can get attached wayyyy too easily.” I put my hand on his shoulder, trying to let him know I understood his pain.
“What? Oh the phone call? You heard that?”
“You don’t have to be embarrassed, my mom used to do that all the time when I first moved out; but she eventually learned to call me every other week and only visited when I wanted her to. I understand Ian, don’t worry.”
He looked relieved, “Oh right, yeah my mom can be pretty clingy sometimes.” He itched his neck, “you want breakfast?” he was quick to change the subject but I didn’t mind.
“Of course.” I let him pass by me to get to the kitchen, “where’s Anthony?”
“Still sleeping, he couldn’t get to sleep last night, so I’m letting him sleep more…I was in your room with Nicolette last night, by the way, Anthony and I don’t sleep in the same bed.” He was sure to bring that to my attention.
“Right.” I muttered as I made my way to Anthony’s room.
I quietly opened the door to reveal a messy bed and a lump in the covers, a cute dark haired head was the only thing poking out from the bottom of the bed. I tried my best to tip-toe into the room, freezing in my tracks every time he sniffled or shifted in his sleep. I inched closer to the bed until I was close enough to gently pull the covers down to his shoulders. His shoulders were bare; meaning he had taken off his shirt for bed. I gulped, staring at them, forgetting what I was doing in there in the first place. I finally got to my senses when he turned around, mumbling something about rabbits.
Not exactly sure about how to wake him, I gently kissed his restless lips; I kissed him again and again until his lips turned into a smile and kissed mine back. His eyes remained closed and I could tell he wouldn’t rather be waked any other way than this. When I pulled away, Anthony’s eyes opened and his eyebrows came together to make a “v”.
“Breakfast is ready!” Was all I said to turn the “v” upside down.
“Alllllright!!!” he bounded up out of bed. The sheets fell off revealing a tannish chest, cute naval and attractive boxers.
“Woah, I’m half naked!” he announced to me, even though I had already noticed, “whatever, you’re my girlfriend, you’ll probably see what’s underneath here someday.”
I gasped and playfully hit his shoulder, “You’re sick Anthony!!!” I laughed.
I left the room so he could get dressed, secretly longing to remain in the room with him but since Ian and Nico were still in the house, figured that it’d be better if we kept the sexual tension on the down low. Anthony finally came out of his bedroom looking as hot as ever and joined Ian in making breakfast.
“Hey you got Anthony up!” Ian shot me a surprised look, “how did you do that? I can never wake him up!”
“I don’t think he’d wake up the same way he did if you were the one that woke him up the way I did…” I let the complicated sentence mush up in his mind as Anthony gagged, probably imagining how he’d react if Ian kissed him awake.
“I don’t know Tay, he could like it!”
Anthony and I both cracked up; we laughed so hard that I started coughing and Anthony started crying. Our laughing fit must’ve waked Nicolette up because the next thing we heard was,
“What’s so funny?”
“Ian wants to kiss Anthony.” I burst into more laughter just hearing myself say it. Ian finally understood what he had said and chuckled,
“Okay maybe he wouldn’t like it so much…”
Anthony shook his head, “no, no I wouldn’t. Don’t ever kiss me ever!”

After a peaceful, happy going breakfast, Nicolette introduced to us the schedule she had made up the night before.
“Ian and I will finish up the last of my video project and you and Anthony can take a walk and talk about things, then we can have lunch, then we’re gonna pack and then we gotta get going before traffic gets real bad. Okay?” she looked at us.
“Yeah…yeah I guess that’s a good plan…” Anthony forced his head to nod.
We stood up, ready to put Nicolette’s plan in action. I headed towards the front door to get my shoes and jacket; hearing Anthony’s soft footsteps trailing behind me.
“So we’re actually gonna take a walk?” his sudden question tickled my ear.
“Yes, I think we should talk.” I answered.
Saying goodbye to Ian and Nico we took each others hand and headed out the door. It was a cloudy day; dark gray clouds hung down low in the sky and the air was more moist than usual. I searched the heavens for the sun but couldn’t find it anywhere. I was sure it was going to rain; but didn’t mention bringing an umbrella, slightly hoping we would get caught in the rain.
We started on the same route I had taken the day before. The walk began quiet, the only sound being our footsteps on the hard concrete. We were halfway through the route when Anthony spoke,
“I don’t want you to leave. Not yet.”
I instinctively stopped in my tracks, pulling him back by our connected hands.
“You mean that?”
“Of course.”
I stared up at his dark brown eyes, thinking of what to say.
“You should stay one more night; with me.” He added.
“Um…okay, why not?”
He picked me up in a giant hug and kissed me, “you’re amazing!”
I laughed, “you’re crazy!”
When he put me down we continued to walk down the street in silence; but this time we were both grinning in delight; definitely enjoying each others company.
I recognized a street sign and knew how close we were to getting back home when we first heard the pitter-patter of warm rain hitting the streets and roofs of the neighborhood houses.
“Oh shit!” Anthony exclaimed and tried to run but I held him back.
“Let’s get soaked!” I giggled as I let go of his hand to extend my arms outward. I threw my face to the sky, shutting my eyes, and shouted, “I LOVE RAIN!!!!”
Anthony laughed, “you’re so cute.”
I looked at him; his dark hair lay in front of his eyes in strings, his eyes squinted towards me as his laugh serenaded my wet ears. His clothes clung to him as if trying to keep dry, but the amount of rain pouring from the sky prevented any part of us from being dry.
I ran towards him and jumped into his arms. He swung me around again as we kissed. His lips were cold and wet but I didn’t care. This was exactly what I wanted; a rain kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment