Friday, February 18, 2011

Turn That Frown Upside Down- Part 3

Nobody was there; it was as if the door had magically opened all by itself. Nicolette and I stared into the empty house in wonder. I looked over at her; her mouth was wide open, eyes glued to the interior of the house, not blinking just frozen. I rolled by eyes and charged in.
“BOO!!!!” Ian and Anthony jumped out behind the door and I jumped. Nicolette screamed in surprise but soon rushed into their arms in a giant hug.
“I can’t believe it’s you! You guys are my hero’s, I love your videos, I love your house, I love your hair Anthony!” She said in one breath. She released them from her grip and stood back to admire them some more.
Anthony and Ian laughed, “I’m Ian.” He stuck out his hand for me to shake but I just looked at it.
“Yeah I know.” I said bluntly.
“Okay then…” he put his hand down and I smirked at him.
“Lemme try; I’m Anthony.” This time Anthony stuck out his hand, and I hesitated to take it. Instead of leading into temptation I simply answered,
“Whatever.”
“She doesn’t like you guys, she came here just for me.” Nico whispered to Ian and he nodded.
“I think we might change that.” He whispered back.
“I can hear you two. Now are you gonna invite us to sit down, or are we just gonna stand here all day, talking about how much I want to go back home?” I crossed my arms and tapped by foot, waiting for an answer.
“Um, common inside, I’ll show you guys around.” Ian answered me and motioned us further into the house.
Nico tried to take my hand again but I shook her off, I felt as if she’d brought me into some trap, I can’t believe I actually agreed to come here with her. Anthony and Ian led us around the house, showing us the small kitchen, the living room, the bathroom and where we’d sleep. They took us back into the living room before asking us if we had any questions.
“Yeah, how long are we staying here for again?” I asked in arrogance.
“Three days.” Nicolette answered in the same tone.
“I can tell that you two really get along.” Anthony joked and I shot him a glare. He just smiled at me and turned to Nico, “so do you have bags or do you two just come as is?”
Nico giggled, “We have bags in my car, we can go get them.”
“No, no allow us.” Ian started out the door and after a couple of seconds returned, “Anthony I’m gonna need your help.” I let out a breath of laughter and raised my eyebrow towards him indicating how pathetic I thought they were. Nico had a different expression, her eyes glazed over and her hand was placed over her heart as if she was having a heart attack. I was starting to get fed up over her, I thought coming with would make her happy, instead she was totally ignoring how I felt and threw all of her attention onto them. Why did I even have to go if she was going to make a fool out of herself anyway?
Anthony joined Ian outside leaving Nic and I alone. She immediately ran down the hallway and I instinctively followed.
“What are you doing?!” I hissed at her.
“We only have about twenty seconds to get a good look at their personal rooms; I’m just doing some more research!” She opened their door, revealing a room I had recognized in older videos. The walls shined with blank cd’s and a huge desk with a matching sized chair sat in a corner. A queen sized bed lay at the far end of the room, but the worst part about the almost ideal bad-ass room was the fact that the floor was littered with clothes and trash.
I leaned down to pick up something I saw buried beneath the dirty clothes. It was the Jesus action figure Smosh had used in various videos before. Nicolette squealed and took it from me. But before she had the time to say anything about how much she loved them again, we heard Anthony and Ian shuffling through the door, with our bags in their hands.
“Shit! Get out!” I had to tear the action figure out of Nicolette’s hand before dragging her out and quietly shutting the door behind us.
“Guys?” We heard Ian call out.
“What?” I snapped at him, walking back down the hallway to the living room, Nicolette trailing behind me.
“So seriously, what are your names?” Anthony asked us again.
“I’m Tailynn.” I mumbled, but made sure they heard me so I didn’t have to repeat myself.
“Tailynn,” Anthony echoed, “I like it.” He almost made me smile but I held it in for dear life.
“I’m Nicolette.”
“Ah, Nicolette, that’s French right?” Ian turned to her.
“Yeah how did you know?”
“It sounds French.” He simply answered. Nico laughed and playfully hit him on the shoulder. Poor girl was trying too hard.
“So, since we agreed you two could come over, we decided that we’d throw you guys a welcome party and invited a couple of friends over later this afternoon. Does that sound good?” Anthony changed the subject. They both looked at us and I rolled my eyes for the millionth time. Like these dorks knew how to throw a party. Nicolette again reacted 100% different from me and nodded her head spitefully.
“Our friends will be coming over in about twenty minutes so get yourselves settled and ready for one of the best nights of your lives!” Anthony “whooped” and Nicolette laughed heartily again. I snatched up my suitcase and marched to the room Ian had shown us was ours for the time being. Tossing my bag onto the bed, I followed it up by hurling myself onto it and lay there staring at the ceiling. My mind searched for the good in this entire hubbub. At least Nicolette was living one of her dreams, but that just wasn’t a good enough reason for me to stay for three whole days. What was I going to do tomorrow when they were helping her with her pretend film class? Suddenly my mind flashed to Anthony. He was smiling at me, repeating my name over and over. I shook my head, trying to get the awkwardly good image out of it when someone knocked on my door. Low and behold there was just the person I was thinking about standing in my temporary door frame.
“Hey Tailynn.” He said but I didn’t turn my head to face him.
“Hey.”
“You don’t seem very happy to be here.”
“No, I’m not.” I turned over to my side, facing away from Anthony. I expected him to leave, so when I turned back around I was startled to see him standing next to my bed.
“Nicolette likes you, not me.” I simply said without considering Nico’s feelings.
“Okay.”
That was enough to make him go away. To my surprise, I didn’t feel like I had accomplished anything, I felt as if I had just begun building a wall. A separate wall from the one between Smosh’s videos and my precious time watching them; it was a wall between specifically Anthony and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment