Friday, February 18, 2011

Turn That Frown Upside Down- Part 2

By the time I knew it, Nicolette had packed up her things and started packing up mine. I smiled as I watched her rush back and forth from the bathroom to my room, from my closet to the suitcase, from the suitcase back to the bathroom and so forth.
“So Nico, what’re you gonna tell Antoine and Eeyore when they ask about your school project?” I chuckled imagining their scrunched faces of confusion when they saw Nicolette was faking.
She stopped in mid-pack and gave me her famous don’t-mess-with-Smosh glare, “Geezus Tay, it’s Anthony and Ian!!!” I laughed harder and she threw a sock at me. I loved teasing her about her weird obsession of those Smosh guys. “I have it all thought out okay? I made a video of me explaining some things for a film class and I’m gonna ask them to help me edit it and maybe ask them to be in one of my youtube videos; ya know, promotion.”
“Not unless I tell them you’re faking.” I burst into laugher, tears instantly started running down my face. I could feel my mascara run down my cheeks so I wiped them, getting the black all over my hands, which made me laugh harder and cry more.
“Are you high?” she asked me.
After a couple of moments I finally caught my breath and got a tissue to clean my face.
“No I’m not. You know I don’t do drugs.” I said while I cleaned my hands.
“Right.” She zipped up my suitcase and pushed it off the bed, “and if you tell them anything, you will die.”
“Don’t say that, you’ll make me laugh again!” I felt a small bubble of laughter rush through my stomach but I couldn’t hold it down. I started laughing again which pissed Nico off causing her to storm out of my room and into the living room.
“Ok, ok I’m sorry, I won’t say anything.” I grabbed my suitcase before following her into the kitchen.
“This is really important to me, you know how much these guys mean to me, please don’t mess it up, I’m serious.” Nicolette took out some orange juice and chugged it before giving me another famous face. The puppy dog eyes.
“I told you I won’t, I promise.”
“Okay then let’s go!!!” Nicolette rushed over to the computer to print out the address. Her foot tapped repeatedly as she waited for it to finish. When it did, she snatched the page and folded it before stuffing it into her purse. She then picked up her suitcase and motioned me to pick mine up in the same enthusiastic way.
“Don’t push it.” I growled and violently picked mine up. Nico shut off the lights and walked out the door giving me one last moment with our small, but lively, apartment.
“I’ll see you later I guess.” I said out loud before shutting the door.

After I threw my stuff in Nico’s purple convertible, I climbed into the front seat and waited for her to finish stuffing her things in the trunk.
“Hurry up Nic, before I change my damn mind!” I became impatient which gave me the urge to be mean.
“Ok I’m ready, let’s go!” she practically hurled herself into the car. She slammed her hands onto the steering wheel in excitement. “I can’t believe we’re doing this!” She started the car and put it in reverse. “Maybe they’ll drive us around in their car, wouldn’t that be amazing?” she backed up and put in into forward and we headed out of the neighborhood.
“So amazing.” I replied, keeping my eyes on the road for her, just in case.
“OH what if they got us something to drink, and gave us one of their cups! I think I’d flip out!”
“Me too.”
“OH MY GOSH what if Anthony asked me to be his girlfriend?! I’D TOTALLY DIE!”
“Oh gee, I wonder what percent chance you have with him.” My mono-tone voice made Nicolette slow down.
“Too much?” she looked over to see me pretending to sleep. She laughed, “Tailynn!!!”
“I’m just letting you get it all out so continue please.” I said with a hint of sarcasm.
“How about I play some of your favorite music?” She took out her iPod, plugged it in and pushed play. The music started off soft before gradually becoming louder and someone began singing,
“MILKY MILKSHAKE! Milky milkshake, milky milkshake dancing with my milkshake baby oh yeah I’m dancing with my milkshake ohhh I love my milky milkyshake baby!”
“NOOOOO anything but this, please!” This time, Nicolette was the one who couldn’t stop laughing.
By the time we got to the highway, my head was pounding in my skull. There was no way I was gonna get through three whole days of this shit. What had I gotten myself into?
Things really started to get insane once we got off to the exit to Sacramento. Instead of being hyper and annoying, Nicolette became emotional and annoying. The first sniffle I heard I thought she had something in her nose. But then it happened again and again and when I looked at her, I saw tears rolling down her cheek.
“Are you seriously crying?” I tried taunting her but for some reason, it didn’t satisfy me. “Honey, are you actually crying about this?” I approached her with a different tone and looked into her eyes.
“Yeah…” her voice wavered.
“Okay common, pull over and let me drive.” She obeyed and I was the one stuck with the directions. Ten minutes later, I felt as if I had been driving around in circles.
“Great, how do I find this place?” I whispered to myself as I glanced at the slip of paper in my hand for the millionth time. “Hey Nicol-” I looked over at her to see her leaned up on the door, fast asleep. I groaned. I was about to give up and just turn around when I suddenly saw something I never would’ve thought could help me. There was the Panda Express Smosh once visited to get lunch for Lunchtime W/ Smosh. I knew where I was!
“DAMN IT!” I exclaimed, waking Nico up.
“What?” she rubbed her eyes and looked at me.
“I know where we are…” I muttered through clenched teeth.
“Ohhh myyy godddd, that’s the Panda Express Smosh ate at!!!” She noticed at once and looked at the directions in my hand. “I know where we are too! Turn here.”
A couple of turns and stops were taken before we finally got to the neighborhood written on the paper.
“This is it, this is it!” Nico hopped in her seat and pointed viciously to their small house. I saw Anthony’s car parked in the parking lot and my stomach jumped.
“Stop it, stop it!” I said both to Nicolette and my nervous stomach.
“You think we should bring our stuff up to the door?” Nic asked me.
“No, let’s just knock on their door and go from there.” We both got out of the car but stood next to it and didn’t move an inch.
“Ok Nic, you go first, you’re the one that loves them so much.” I offered her up to the doorstep.
“Um no…you go first, you’re the one that hates them.”
“That doesn’t even make any sense!” I yelled at her.
“Why do you even care? Just go!”
“Fine.” I shouldn’t be nervous about meeting these weirdos. Nicolette gripped my hand and I squeezed it in anticipation without even noticing.
“On the count of three, one…two…three.” Nico charged up to the door, almost ripping my arm out of its socket. We got up to their front door.
“On the count of three, one-“
I rang the doorbell in annoyance, interrupting Nicolette’s countdown. We could hear footsteps and voices coming towards the door.
“No wayyy that’s Ian’s voice!” Nic whispered to me and I rolled my eyes. I let go of her hand; it was getting too sweaty.
The doorknob shook and finally opened….

No comments:

Post a Comment