Friday, February 18, 2011

Turn That Frown Upside Down- Part 6

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside the window. I hated how birds were always happy in the morning; it pissed me off. I rubbed my eyes to notice that Nico wasn’t lying next to me. For the third time I was left alone in this room to wonder about what was happening out in the living room. I sat up and looked around; the door was open, leaving a waft of sizzling bacon pouring through it. All was quiet but a faint humming; Nicolette. She was humming a Smosh song which didn’t surprise me but what did was the fact that she was out there making breakfast for everyone. She hated making food for other people, especially me. I got out of bed and tip-toed down the hallway, making sure she didn’t hear me and peered around the corner to the kitchen. There she was, happily frying bacon in a skillet; a pile of pancakes stacked on the counter beside her. My mouth dropped open and a gasp escaped from my lips; this was incredible!
“Tay?” Nico heard my amazement and leaned her head to notice me staring at the pancakes, “I hope Anthony and Ian like them!” she said with a bounce in her voice.
I walked into the dining room and sat down in the nearest seat, “Right.” I lifted my eyebrows and gave a sarcastic laugh, “you think they’re gonna like stuff you’ve never made before?”
Before she had the time to defend herself she stared at my chest.
“Um, excuse me?” I crossed my arms.
“That shirt; is that Anthony’s?”
“Uhhhh…no.” I tried lying best to my abilities.
“Yes it is, I remember seeing that in one of their videos! Why are you wearing it?” She turned off the burner and turned to face me.
“Well…” I shrugged; arms still crossed, “because you forgot to pack my pajama’s. I didn’t know what to do so I snuck into Anthony’s room and took a big shirt. What of it?” I snapped a lie to her face.
“Oh. In that case…lemme touch it!” she raced around the kitchen counter and sprinted to me. Her hand flew to my shoulder and she giggled. Before I had the time to shake her off, I heard her smell the shirt.
“Nico, what the hell are you doing?”
“Aw man, you rubbed the smell off.” She continued inhaling the rest of the shirt until we both heard someone clear their throat.
“Um…what’s going on here?” Anthony stood in the hallway, staring at us, his cute hair a mess.
“Look what I made you Anthony!” Nicolette cleverly dodged the question. She rushed over to model off the pancakes and bacon.
“Woah! No way! You made us breakfast?” Anthony exclaimed.
“Yeah, sit down I’ll get you some!” she smiled realizing how happy she made him just with food. I could tell he was the only reason she made it.
As Nico was serving Anthony breakfast, a groan shook from Ian’s room.
“Hangover. It shouldn’t be that bad though.” Anthony said with a mouth full of newly syruped pancake.
Out walked Ian in a plaid robe. Rubbing his head he greeted us, “Hey guys! Smells great; get me some—wait woah!” Ian noticed Nico giving me some breakfast, “You made bacon and pancakes? I didn’t even know we had bacon and pancakes! Alright!” Ian sat next to Anthony at the counter and waited for breakfast with a plate in his hand.
“She’s not a waitress you know.” I said from my seat at the table.
“Yeah I know but she made it so it’s only polite.” Ian practically panted as she scooped up the bacon and set it on his plate.
“It’s okay Tailynn, I don’t mind.” She smiled at Ian and Anthony.
“Whatever.” I mumbled, chewing on the fat from a piece of bacon.
We ate for about a half an hour; Ian and Anthony devoured the breakfast, plate and all. After the surprisingly tasty breakfast, we all got ready for the day. Somewhere deep down below, I could tell this day was going to be long and tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment