Friday, February 18, 2011

Turn That Frown Upside Down- Part 4

I must’ve fallen asleep because the next thing I knew, loud music was pouring through underneath the shut door accompanied by loud voices.
“What the-“ I muttered as I lifted my head to see where I was. Oh right; Smosh’s house. My mood instantly changed sour until I remembered the conversation, more like a lack of a conversation, with Anthony. I remembered telling him I didn’t like him. Was I lying? I didn’t know and I honestly didn’t wanna find out. I just wanted to go home!
I swung my legs over the side of the bed and looked around. Nicolette’s suitcase had somehow found its way next to mine. At the foot of the bed lay the clothes Nicolette was dressed in for the trip here which meant she must’ve changed into her best party dress. I checked the time on my phone; it read 6:30. I’d only been asleep for about twenty five minutes. What I was really happy about was that nobody bothered to wake me up. Nico probably told them that I’d turn into the wicked witch if anybody woke me up for anything; even if my house was burning down, I’d want to wake myself up.
I got up off the bed and shuffled to the closed door. I opened it just enough so that I could see what was going on in the living room. I saw Ian talking to a girl with long, silky black hair in a tight black dress; that was Nicolette and she looked hot! For some reason I felt the little green monster latch onto my back, it wasn’t because she was talking to him, it was because she looked so much better than I did.
I shut the door and walked back to the bed. I grabbed my suitcase and began rummaging around in it, trying to find something decent. Thankfully Nico had packed my ripped skinny jeans and black, sparkling halter top. I quickly changed in the dark and tried my best to tassel my highlighted brown hair and fix my dark makeup. When I opened the door again, Anthony was standing there, hand in a fist, just about ready to knock. He almost punched me in the face when I exclaimed,
“What the hell are you doing?”
“Oh, uh…I was going to ask you if you wanted to join the party but…” he eyed me head to toe, “but wow you look amazing.”
I tried not to blush and responded as harshly as I could, “well you could’ve done better.”
“I know, I’m hideous.” He taunted me and held his hand out, “common.” I didn’t take it but I did walk out of the room with him.
The living room that was once empty and quiet was now crowded with a handful of people. The music grew louder as we walked closer to the multiple speakers and I could finally hear what Ian and Nicolette were talking about.
“Yeah but when I first asked her to come she stormed into her room like-“ I cleared my throat as loud as I could.
“Oh! Tailynn, you’re up!” Nico whipped her head in surprise to face Anthony and I. Her hazel slanted eyes first noticed Anthony who was dressed in a gray shirt with a blue plaid button down shirt over it like a jacket. She grinned and transferred her red plastic cup drink to her left hand so she could touch Anthony with her right. My eyes darted to her hand and I winced as she touched his shoulder. I kicked myself in the chin for it; I shouldn’t have cared at all.
“Yeah I’m up, now you can stop talking about how horrid I am.” I snapped at them and Ian awkwardly took a drink out of his red plastic cup.
“You want one?” Anthony saw me staring at it so I instinctively nodded. I kicked myself again, and knew I was going to have a mental bruise by the morning.
While Anthony was getting me a drink I looked around to see how many people were stuffed into this tiny place. I counted about twelve, not counting Ian, Anthony, Nicolette and I. That might not seem like much, but in this place, it was crammed.
Anthony returned with two drinks in his hands; he gave one to me but I didn’t say thank you, afraid that he’d think I was actually being nice to him. Nicolette started off another conversation with Ian, one that didn’t involve me, so I walked over to the dining table and sat down.
“Hello.” A girl’s voice struck me upside my head.
“What?!” I turned to see a pretty girl about seventeen; she smiled at me but I didn’t return it.
“I’m Lauren.” She held out her hand and I took it,
“I’m Tailynn.”
“I haven’t seen you around the neighborhood, did you just move in?”
“No, I’m from Los Angeles, my best friend Nicolette,” I motioned over to the hottie in black, “asked Anthony and Ian if she could interview them for a school thing. I guess they threw this party just for us, but I don’t see the big deal in any of it.” I shrugged and she giggled.
“Ohhh, I’m Anthony’s little sister.” I rose my eyebrows,
“I didn’t know he had a little sister.”
“Well…he doesn’t really, I’m his best friend, I live two doors down, he’s known me since I was about three.” She smiled again and took a drink from her cup.
“Riiiiight.” I looked back over to Nico and Ian who were now laughing. Ian asked her something. She nodded her head, and then they both set down their cups and went into the living room. Between the crowds I saw Ian twirling her; they were both laughing again.
“So, you like Anthony?”
I spit out the fizzy drink I had just taken a sip of and coughed, “What do you mean I like Anthony? Where the hell did you get that ridiculous idea from?!”
“Oh, um, your friend was talking about the way you act when you’re with him, I was just supposing you two were, uh, you know-”
“No! We are not dating and will never date!” I practically yelled at Lauren and left her to refill my drink.
The party was pretty lame. A couple of people were dancing in the living room with Ian and Nicolette but Anthony was nowhere to be seen. Why did I even care? I didn’t like him! Another hour and a half passed and people started to file out of the house. Finally only Anthony, Ian, Nicolette, Lauren, another girl, another guy and I were left.
Nicolette, Ian and I were sitting on the couch when Anthony came up to us holding something.
“A bottle?” I asked him.
“Wanna spin it?” he counter-acted my question with his. His brown eyes tickled mine; I had to look away to avoid being seduced.
“Spin the bottle? Really, are we like eleven? Who’s gonna get their first kiss by playing this game tonight?” I snickered, snatching Lauren and the other two people’s attention.
“Okay fine, how about something better? Seven minutes in heaven!” Anthony exclaimed and everyone wooed.
“Common, let’s all sit on the ground and spin this damn thing! We need some action tonight!” I could tell Ian had a little too much to drink. He pushed the coffee table out of the way and motioned us to sit with him. Everyone gathered around in a circle, leaving me on the couch with my arms crossed.
“She’ll join in if you don’t make her.” Nicolette spoke for me but I didn’t mind.
Lauren was the first to spin. It spun and spun until it landed on the guy I didn’t know.
“OHHHHHH!!!!!!” Anthony and Ian pushed the boy to get up and they went into the side closet in the hallway. When the door shut I asked,
“Who is that boy?”
“Lauren’s crush, Kaleb.” Anthony answered for me. I smiled for the first time tonight.
“What’s you’re name?” Nicolette asked the blonde haired girl sitting across from her.
“Cyanne.” She practically whispered.
“That’s Lauren’s little sister, she’s only fifteen,” Anthony mumbled to me, “she really shouldn’t be here but I’d feel bad if she was left out.”
Seven minutes rushed by and Cyanne had to get up and let them out. Kaleb came out with his crooked haircut messed up and Lauren’s lip gloss on his face. Lauren looked just as dazed when she came out with most of her lip gloss gone and long sleeved shirt crooked.
We all burst into laughter as they both turned bright red.
“You two wanna go home?” Anthony winked at Kaleb.
“If that’s okay…” Lauren smiled and Anthony dismissed them. They left hand-in-hand.
“Okay, Ian you’re next.” He nudged him to spin. It spun and spun until it landed on Nicolette!
“That’s a shocker.” I muttered as they got up and went into our temporary room. That left Anthony, Cyanne, and I in the living room alone. My chin rested in my hand, my hand on the arm of the sofa. I was tired, bored, and still unimpressed about how the entire “party” turned out. Seven minutes played out but nobody came out of our room.
“Um, somebody want to go get them?” Cyanne asked.
“I’ll do it.” I lifted myself off of the couch and barged into the room. Not to my surprise, Nicolette and Ian were sitting next to each other, making out.
“Time is up!” I shouted and they jumped in mid smack. I turned to go back to the living room and sat back down on the couch. They soon followed and returned to their spots.
“They were macking on each other.” I laughed just saying it out loud. Nicolette blushed.
“You’re turn, Anthony.” She said as she rubbed her lips.
Anthony spun the bottle. It spun and spun until it landed on Cyanne. Anthony hesitated, she seemed like she didn’t even care.
“Can I go home?” she asked and he nodded. I let out a gut wrenching laugh and started coughing.
“That means you’re Anthony’s bottle partner. You’re the only one left.” I coughed harder at Ian’s comment and looked at Anthony.
“Wait, you’re serious?” He held out his hand to help me up from the couch. I looked at it. I wanted to take it; so I kicked myself in the chin when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment