Friday, February 18, 2011

Turn That Frown Upside Down- Part 8

I came out of the shower happy and refreshed; maybe today was going to be a good day after all. I hummed a joyful made-up tune while I dressed and dried my hair. Right as I was in the middle of cleaning the wet floor, Nicolette barged in and interrupted my song,
“You’re humming! That means you’re in love! Who is it, who is it?!” for some reason, I didn’t mind her being annoying. I simply said without thinking,
“Anthony.”
“WHAT?!” she practically screamed.
“An. Thuh. Nee. You want me to spell it out for you?” I snickered at her expression. She looked like she’d just swallowed a hot chili pepper whole.
“But-but I thought…I thought you hated him!”
“Exactly.” I got back to cleaning the water from my shower off the ground; this time actually singing words, “I’m in love with the boy that kissed me, so why can’t you see that we’re meant to be, we’re in love, we’re in love, sorry honey but we’re in love!” I laughed at my terrible pitch but Nico was silent. I looked over at her to see tears rolling down her cheeks.
“Oh common, you’re with Ian, remember? I know how much you like him; just loosen your grip on Anthony for me, will ya? Please?” I walked over to her and touched her shoulder. She wiped away one of her tears and gave me a hug.
“Well…I guess I can trust you to be good to him.”
“Thanks.”
We let go when we heard the doorbell ring. I hung up the towel I used to let it dry off before going out to see who it was.
“Hey Lauren!” I greeted her as soon as she walked into the house.
“Hey Tailynn! Hey Nicolette!”
“Hey.” Nico bluntly replied but Lauren didn’t seem to notice.
“So where are we going today guys?” Lauren stuffed her small hands into her back pockets and began teetering on her feet.
“I dunno, someplace not expensive.” Anthony spoke up. I quietly laughed at his simple but honest answer.
“How about Jimmy John’s?” Lauren suggested.
“Okay, why not? But you’ve gotta text Ian to let him know where we’re going to meet.” I directed the comment at Nicolette, expecting her to volunteer to text him but she was too busy staring at Anthony to hear what I had said.
I scooted closer to him and put my arm around his waist.
“Okay?” I asked again as Anthony hesitated to put his arm around my back, afraid that Nicolette would attack him if he did.
“Um, yeah okay.” She took out her phone and started dialing his number.
“Wait!” Anthony put his hand up to motion her to stop, “No, Ian doesn’t like talking on his phone when he’s hanging out with other people, just text him and he’ll get it when he leaves.”
“Okayyy…” Nico flipped her phone to reveal the keyboard and turned it to type the text message.
“Well I guess we should head out now. Let’s go.” I walked to the door with Anthony by my side. He seemed surprised at what I was implying on both Nico and Lauren; but I didn’t care, I just wanted him to hold me. I loved lightly gripping his soft, sexy shirt; plus even though I was only 5’3” it seemed like I fit perfectly under his arm.
When we got to our car, Nico jumped in the driver’s seat, and Lauren hopped next to her in the front. I heard Nico mutter something under her breath but she’d have to deal with her because I was sitting in the back with Anthony no matter what.
Nicolette started up the car and headed out the neighborhood after we buckled ourselves in.
“Hey, why don’t we do a spontaneous Lunchtime with Smosh today?” Nico asked Anthony with excitement in her voice.
“Well, why not?” He answered. He pulled out a small camcorder hidden in his front pocket.
“Are you kidding me?” I laughed, “You had that in your pocket this entire time?”
“Hey hey now, a film-maker always has to be prepared for any such occasion.” He smiled at me; I couldn’t help but return it.
Anthony pushed the little silver button on the top of the camera. It beeped as the screen lit up to show the real world from its small lens. Anthony pointed the camera at me and I heard another beep noise.
“Action!” he yelled.
“Hey everyone!!! This is Tailynn here with my friends Nicolette, Lauren and Smosh Anthony!!! Join us…for lunch!” I gave a serious face and puckered my lips at the camera.
I heard the beep again. Anthony stopped recording and leaned over to kiss my already puckered lips.
“Sorry, I just had to.” He tried to explain himself.
I could feel my face turn bright red so I turned away from him to try and collect my brains off of the cars carpet floor.
“Okay let’s try that again, sorry I got distracted.” Anthony grinned as he studied the small camera to get it back to recording. He tapped Lauren and she turned around to see the camera in her face, “Tell us where we’re going Laur!”
“We’re going to Jimmy John’s!!!” she shouted and stuck her tongue out at Anthony.
He turned the camera to face himself, “that’s right guys, sammiches!” I laughed as he crossed his eyes and scrunched up his chin.
“You dork.” I pushed his shoulder.
“Nico! Are we there yet?!” Anthony pointed the camera back to the front.
“No!”
“Oooo grouchy!” Anthony said, “This is a Smosh video, you have to either be super happy or really weird! That’s the golden rule Nic!”
Nicolette whipped around and stared right into the camera, “hey guys, Anthony is dating my best friend; isn’t that great?! Sorry, but none of you beautiful young women can date him anymore; that’s the truth!”
We all became silent; the only noise was the last beep that came from the camera, switching from recording to standby.

No comments:

Post a Comment