Friday, February 18, 2011

Turn That Frown Upside Down- Part 7

I came out of the bathroom, prepared for the first problems of the day to occur. When I went into the living room, I saw Ian sitting at the table, Nico’s laptop sitting on top of it. Nicolette was standing behind him pointing at an icon on the desktop. She was showing him her fake school project. I smirked thinking about telling him what he was really doing. Still I didn’t say anything about it, knowing that Nico would definetly hate me forever if I did.
I stood in the hallway, unsure of what to do. I looked to my right and saw Anthony on the couch with his feet propped up on the coffee table. He was dressed in blue jeans and another tight, striped shirt that made my legs melt into the ground. I lifted my molten covered feet to walk over to him.
“Hey!” he noticed me right away and I smiled,
“Hey.” I tried to sound both bored and happy to see him.
“What’re you going to do today; is it your first time in Sacramento?” he asked.
“Sorta, I used to have a friend that lived here so I visited a lot. But now that she’s moved again, I haven’t been here in a while. I think I’m gonna just take a jog. Keep an eye on Nicolette.” I bit my lip, realizing I could’ve blown her cover.
“Um, okay, see you later then.” He waved goodbye as I turned to walk out the front door.
“Where are you going?” Nico noticed me opening the door.
“Just doing my normal morning routine, I’ll be back soon.” I motioned her to get back to her work with the back of my hand.
I walked out into the crisp fresh morning air and breathed in deep. It smelled like a clean spring morning; I knew this was going to be the only highlight of my day. That is…if Anthony were to—I stopped myself from thinking too far about what could happen later in the afternoon. I wouldn’t let anything happen later in the afternoon, not a chance.
I started jogging around the neighborhood, partly to try get my daily routine out of the way and to clear my mind of unwanted thoughts. I kept an eye on the time, knowing that Nicolette wanted to go to lunch with the Smosh guys. I ran around the block a few times; I was on my third lap when I heard my name being called,
“Tailynn!!! Hey Tailynn over here!!!”
I whipped my heard around to try and figure out who was calling my name. I finally spotted the voice; it was Lauren two houses down from Ian and Anthony’s.
“Oh hey Lauren, how are you?” I parked myself at the front of her house wiping sweat off of my brow. She was sitting on the porch stairs, twirling her long brown hair in her fingers.
“I’m doing pretty okay, how about you?”
“Same here I guess.”
“I heard what you said about Anthony. He’s not that bad of a guy you know.” She stopped twirling her hair and leaned back so her elbows rested on the floor, legs extended to the end of the stairs.
“Yeah…” I let a smile slip from my lips. I liked this girl, she wasn’t a crazy fanatic, she wasn’t a bitch, she was…normal!
“So what’re you doing today?” she jumped away from the topic I didn’t want to talk about.
“I don’t know. I think later we’re going to go have some lunch, if you wanted to come that’d be cool.” I invited her without thinking twice.
“Okay sweet!” She grinned at me and I returned it.
“See you around 12 then!” I waved and turned around to go back inside Smosh’s house.
“Hey, I invited Lauren to come to lunch with us, if that’s okay.” I told everyone.
Nico gave me a rotten look, “Um, Lauren? You mean that girl next door? Why did you invite her to lunch; it’s kinda suppose to be our time together as a group.” She motioned to Ian and Anthony.
“Well I didn’t know she was going to be that big of a problem.” I shot back at her, trying to defend my newest friend.
“Hey, I love Lauren, let her come with and we can all hang out.” Anthony backed me up with my decision to invite her.
“Fine.” Nicolette muttered and turned back to the laptop, “Ian, I think we should finish up here.” She patted him on the back.
He closed out of the window and scooted his chair around so he faced towards the kitchen. I checked the time; it read 11:00.
“Well, it’s eleven right now, what do you wanna do?”
“It’s eleven?! Oh man, I’m gonna be late!” Ian bolted up out of his seat and rushed to get his keys from the kitchen counter.
“What are you late for exactly?” Nicolette let her curiosity creep around him.
“I promised I’d meet one of my buddies at Starbucks, but don’t worry I’ll meet you guys at lunch by about twelve ten. I really gotta go!” he scurried out the door and accidently slammed it shut.
“What was that all about?” I thought out loud.
“Aw nothing, he hates being late when he goes out with a friend.” Anthony replied.
“Goes out?” I could hear the jealousy in Nico’s voice.
“Well yeah, he must’ve forgotten about getting coffee with his friend so—”
“What’s her name?” Nico interrupted him.
“His name is Joey. Don’t get up in his grill about where he goes, he hates it when new girlfriends get that way.”
“You-you think he’s my new boyfriend?” Nicolette’s tone went from vulgar to delicate.
“Yeah, you guys hang out and you’ve made out before so I wouldn’t see why not.” I could tell Anthony was trying to do something for him and I. He was trying to get her to realize that Ian and her were a thing, which they actually seemed to be, so he could get her obsession off of him and onto Ian. I smiled, sorting out his words in my head. He glanced at me and gave a lightning fast wink.
“Really? I guess we are!” she beamed with delight apprehending the fact that she was with Ian.
“Okay…I’m going to take a quick shower before we go out to lunch. I’ll be back.” I announced before dragging my tired body to the bathroom.
Before I shut the door, Anthony rushed up to it, “I think we could stop hating each other and let her know about us soon.”
I smiled, “Maybe.”
He leaned his forearm against the door frame and stared at me. I blushed but didn’t look away, I loved the way his brown eyes tugged at mine and made me feel like I was the only girl he knew.
“I have to take a shower now.” I finally spoke.
He leaned over, gently lifted my chin with his fingertips and kissed me. Fireworks burst over our heads; my stomach performed an Olympic gymnastics routine, and my heart was about to beat out of my chest.
When we separated he leaned back and took my hand, “okay, hurry up with that shower so we won’t be late to lunch.” He left me in a lumpy puddle on the bathroom floor. I shut the door and sighed, “He’s the one.” I said to myself, “definitely.”

No comments:

Post a Comment